Connection Error T500 (There was an error loading settings from device.)

Hello,
I have an error which occures from time to time with the T500.

PololuTicControlCenter

I suppose it has to do with the control (T500) not having power for too long. However, in my application this case occurs too rarely for me to test it. The Windows error code 0x1f means it could be driver conflict.

Does anyone have any idea what else this error might be related to? And what would I much rather have it solved?

Thank you in Advance

Sebastian

Hello, Sebastian.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Tic T500. Windows error code 0x1f indicates a general failure and it does not tell us much about what actually went wrong. It should be fine for the Tic T500 to be unpowered (or powered only from USB) for long periods of time.

What was connected to your Tic when this error happened? Was the Tic powered when it happened? Was your stepper motor energized, and was it moving? Could you send us some pictures of your setup so we can check your connections? Is the Tic connected directly to your computer, or is it connected via a USB hub?

The next time the error happens, please look at the LEDs on the Tic to see what each of them are doing. Also, please try closing and reopening the Tic software and see if that fixes the error. If that does not work, please try unplugging the Tic from USB and plugging it back in. Let us know the results.

We have seen cases before where errors like this are caused by electrical noise getting to the computer, causing its USB port to go into a bad state. If that is happening to you, you might try connecting the Tic to your computer using a USB cable with ferrite beads on both ends.

–David

Hello David,

What was connected to your Tic when this error happened?
To the T500 was connected:

• A motor (SC2818M1504 from Nanotec)
  • Power supply (2 m) without any ferrite → I will test it with ferrits (a y-cabel is used
  • USB connector (2 m) without any ferrite → I will test it with ferrits (no USB hub is used)
  • Light barrier (PM-L25 Panasonic)
    The motor is screwed onto an Aluminium plate with normal screws

Was the Tic powered when it happened?

• The Tic was powered (connected to the power consumption) but it was de-energized. The error occurs when the motor is re-energized (after a couple of Hours of staying in the de-energized state. But the Tic was still powered)

Was the Tic powered when it happened?

• The Tic was powered but the motor was de-energized

Was your stepper motor energized, and was it moving?

• The motor was not moving. The error occurs when the motor is re-energized after a couple of Hours

Could you send us some pictures of your setup so we can check your connections?

• I attached one picture. At the moment the Control unit is hardly accesible. I will try to make a better one when i have better Access. Please specify what you want to see especially.

Is the Tic connected directly to your computer, or is it connected via a USB hub?
The Tic is connected directly to our Computer on not via an USB hub.

I check the LED state the next time the error happens.
I will defenitly test the solution with the ferrites because it is a reasonable issue for the whole device/test Environment. If you could have additional Information with that Input that a gave to you please let me know.

Best Regards

Sebastian

Thank you for the information about your setup. I did not notice any problems with your setup from the information you provided. If this issue keeps happening after you add the ferrite beads, please let me know.

–David