Cannot connect with serial controller

Hi,
I have a Pololu serial 8-servo controller, set up in mini ssc 2 mode with a baud rate of 9600. I had the board working, and connected in both windows (using your utility) and in linux (with my own program).

However when i powered it up yesterday, all the leds turned on, and it does not seem to be able to connect. I haven’t change any of my set up, and I have tested on windows and linux, using two different cables.

Any suggestions on what has happened, and how to fix it, or should i assume the board is damaged in someway now (though it has just been sitting in the same place the past few days, so i can’t see how it was damaged).
Thanks,
Mayura

Hello.

All of the LEDs on during power-up is consistent with the serial input (the logic-level one) being held low. You should see if that is the case and if so, figure out what’s causing that.

- Jan

Hi,
So what possible causes could there be for the serial line being held at 0. Nothing has been changed, in terms of code, and the serial cables and ports are working with other devices. I have also checked the board, and no chance of anything shorting.
Thanks,
Mayura

There could be all kinds of causes, but first, you should check if that is the case. With everything but power disconnected, is the line low?

- Jan