Best motordriver for WIld Thumper

I think the qik2s12v10 is the best motordriver for the WIld Thumper. Now I broke my Qik I want to know for sure it is the best motordriver because I read a post that the Qik can overheat when stalling. Please let me know!

Roel

Hello.

It really depends on what features you are looking for. If you just want to make an autonomous, serially-controlled robot, the qik 2s12v10 should have sufficient power as long as you’re running the motors around their recommended operating voltage of 7.2 V and you avoid stalling the motors for extended periods of time. If you do stall multiple motors for prolonged periods of time, the controller will likely overheat, though its built-in thermal protection should kick in to protect the driver from damage.

The TReX motor controller uses the same motor drivers as the qik 2s12v10 but offers some additional features, such as the ability to respond to RC-pulse and analog-voltage control inputs.

Finally, you can use two of our new Simple Motor Controllers. These controllers have a ton of features and are easy to use because you can configure and test them from a computer over USB. The 18v15 version should have plenty of power for the Wild Thumper chassis, and it is available with all of the components soldered in, so you wouldn’t have to worry about soldering things yourself. I suggest you take a look at the features these controllers offer and see which one appeals to you the most.

- Ben

18v15 suits my needs. Are there any versions of the 18v15 with TTL? Maybe extensions to TTL? I love the Pololu protocol :wink:

[edit]Sorry, saw another 18v15 without USB :slight_smile:[/edit]

Roel

Yeah, the Simple Motor Controller 18v15 supports four control interfaces: USB, TTL serial (with Compact and Pololu Protocol commands), RC servo pulses, and analog voltages.

- Ben