Basic Questions about Maestro Control Center using a Micro

I’m using the Control Center with a Micro Maestro and have been successful getting it to do what I need but I have some questions that I hope someone can help with. I’ve worked through the manual (which is OK) but I think I’m missing a few things and I can’t seem to get the answers from the manual.

1. What is the general definition for a “frame”? I know it defines a step in a sequence but I’m struggling a bit with what it actually is. It seems frames can contain a set of channel settings or a complete script.

2. When working with sequences, why do I only get a list of frames vs. a symbolic description of what the frame actually is? I know I can provide a name but it seems more info about the frame should be provided without me having define everything specifically. I know I can select a specific frame within the sequence and load it, which populates the channel settings or script definition but there appears to be no way to know what a frame is without doing this. Am I missing something?

3. When creating a script is there a way to save what is entered in the editor to the local PC? I can’t find any indication of a SAVE SCRIPT button anywhere. This seems really odd.

4. When you save a settings file, what is actually saved?

Appreciate any help.

Hello.

A frame consists of a name, duration, and a list of target values for every channel. You could save a settings file using the Maestro Control Center and then look at it in a text editor so you can see what data is being stored in the frames. The frames do not hold speed and acceleration limits, but we do get a lot of requests for that ability.

Generating symbolic descriptions of the frames is not a feature of the Maestro Control Center, but it seems like it could be useful. I suppose we could show the differences between consecutive frames. How do you imagine that feature working?

The main way to look at a frame is to load it, but you can also copy the frames into a spreadsheet program. There are more tips in the “Sequencer” section of the Maestro user’s guide.

When you click “Apply Settings”, most of the settings get stored directly on the Maestro. However, the Maestro’s memory is very limited so certain things will be saved in the Windows registry. In particular, the channel names, sequences, and script source code are all stored in the registry. There is no button for just saving the script, but you can save a settings file and that will contain the script source code.

–David