Basic assistance with running mini-servo

Hello, I am new to using the Pololu servo controller, with no experience yet, and am attempting to bet basic movement for the time being. I downloaded the Maestro Control Center and read through parts of the user’s guide. I have been unable to get any sort of response from the motor I connect on any of the 6 ports. I am trying to control it both manually, and with a script. After looking through the user’s guide, I understand what can be done with the controller, and how to go about doing it, but I have not found anything about connecting the motor to the controller. Is there any extra steps or specific times when you have to connect them? After connecting the controller to my computer and trying it out, it seems like the board is fine and no error LEDs light up. I don’t really have a good way to check if the problem is the motor, so I figured I would check here to see if there is any step I have overlooked that might help me get some response out of my motor.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello,

You might find our getting started with the Maestro video helpful for setting up your Maestro and servos.

If you are still having problems after watching the video, you can post some pictures of your setup that show all of your connections and we will be glad to take a look.

-Derrill