Arduino shield for 4 Brushed Motor

Hi There,
Is there any Shield that can control 4 brushed motor ?

The motor operate at 5V - 12 V, and need continuous 12A.

Thank you,

Hello.

Do you mean 12A continuous per motor or total? If you mean total, then two of our dual MC33926 motor driver shield might work with modifications. If you mean per motor, then two of our dual VNH5019 motor driver shields might work with modifications. In either of these cases the current rating for the drivers is just on the edge of what you require. For the modifications, you would have do hardware pin remapping and write some custom code. You would also want to avoid using the terminal blocks, because they are taller than the stackable headers. Also, you would not be able to get 20kHz PWM on on all of the channels.

- Ryan

Hi Ryan,
I meant total, so per motor is around 3A at peak. Is there any guides for combining 2 shield and custom code ?

Thank you,

Unfortunately, I do not think there is a guide for combining two of our motor shields. Basically you want to look at the pinout in the user’s guide, and pick another set of pins to use. You want to put the PWM pins on the PWM outputs and the current sense outputs should be connected to analog inputs on the Arduino. The other pins can be on any digital I/O.

If you come up with a wiring plan, please feel free to post it so we can take a look!

For the code, the main problem is the library does not have a way to remap the PWM pins currently. You will have to modify the code to make that happen. Let me know when you get to that point. I can probably help you out, and possibly just release a new version of the library that makes it easy to do.

- Ryan