Adding relay switch to maestro 6 channel and other questions

My project will consist of using 6 servos for an angel wing project. Six Hitec HS 805BB will be used. Servos 1&2 will control the raising of the right wing. They will be y connected and plugged into the maestro. Servos 3&4 will control the raising of the left wing. They will also be y connected. Servos 5&6 will control the flapping of the wings; also y connected. I will be using two relay switches that will run through the costume and into my palm for ease of use. I am extremely new at this and have tried to do as much research as possible along with talking to Pololu techs prior to making any purchases. My questions/confusion is:

*I understand that a resistor is needed for the 6 channel per the instructions, however, I’m unsure of where to solder on the pin if the relay switch has 3 female head to fit channel one. I have seen the photo description, but I’m confused of how to connect it all together. I want the first relay switch to be placed on channel one and once activated, will start servos 1-4. I want a second relay switch to be on channel 4 to activate servos 5&6. Is it even possible to use two different relay switches and does it include a second resistor?

*will there be a specific command I will have to create myself for the switch or can that be generated by the program once I’ve set my sequences?

I appreciate any feedback!

Hello.

It is not clear to me what type of switch you are using. If you post a link to some information about the switch, I might be able to give you advise on connecting it.

If you are using something like a momentary pushbutton, then you could connect it to the Maestro as shown in the diagram under the “Button or switch” heading in the “Wiring Examples” section of the Maestro User’s Guide. You would need to use a pull-up resistor for each button.

The Maestro Control Center does not have a way to generate subroutines controlling servos from buttons or switches. You will need to write a script to handle the switch inputs and then execute the behavior you are expecting for each servo. To help get you started, you might try looking at the “Using a button or switch to control servos” example in the “Example Scripts” section of the Maestro user’s guide.

- Amanda