8 servo controller pololu mode

I finally got veerything working good on MINI_SCC II mode so I decide to move on to pololu mode. I cant figure out why I am getting this paticular behavior.

I set the speed o 1 (slowest) then I set the position I want it to go to. when I test this out the servo goes to the center position rlly fast then slowly goes to the position I set at the speed I set.

I just tryed a few things and when I set the position to 0x7F it goes to the same spot as when I set it at 0x01

here is my code

sendChar(0x80);
				sendChar(0x01);
			sendChar(0x01);	//mode speed
				sendChar(0x02); 
				sendChar(0x01);

sendChar(0x80);
				sendChar(0x01);
			sendChar(0x02);	//mode 7 bit position
				sendChar(0x02);
				sendChar(0x01);

Hello,

What you are seeing is normal; it is a limitation of the servo interface. The servo controller can only tell the servo where to go, and there is no concept of speed in that interface. The servo controller can fake it by gradually changing where it tells the servo to go, but there will always be the first position signal the servo sees, and it will respond as fast as it can to that position.

To best recommendation we have is to have a “shut down” position you go to when you power down your system. On power up, first command the servos to go to their shut down positions, then change the speeds. As long as the servos aren’t moved while the system is off, you won’t have any fast movements.

- Jan