360 Degree servo or stepper motor

Hi Guys

Appoligies for my ignorance, but I am new to these type of electronic controls.
I need to get a servo or stepper motor to turn a gearbox control shaft in a large scale rc car 360 degrees in 60 degree intervals, both ways.
The setup will be controlled by a 3 position on/off/on momentary switch on the Tx - if I trigger the switch in on direction the servo/motor must move 60 degrees in one direction and stay there. Trigger the switch again in the same direction and the servo/motor moves on another 60 degrees. The same will be true for the other direction. So this means I will be using the Hi/low value from the rc channel to determine direction as well as triggering a turn.
From what I have read here, a servo modded for 360 rotation will not work as it will not give you precise stops - which means I will have to go with a stepper motor.But now I have also read here on Jan’s blog post about full-turn and multi-turn servos. Believe me, after reading up on these topics for the last 2 days looking for a solution, and having learned a lot, I am now even more confused than when I started…
My question to you guys please:
are these the components I will need for this project?
pololu.com/catalog/product/1202
pololu.com/catalog/product/1204
pololu.com/catalog/product/1615
pololu.com/catalog/product/1210
Also, the motor must stop when reaching 360 degrees and only be able to move back to 0 degrees in reverse steps, stopping at 0 degrees again.
Any help and ideas welcome and appreciated.

Hello.

If it can provide the torque you need, I think the best option would be to use a multi-turn servo. You are going to need something that can read in an RC servo pulse, keep track of the state, and output a RC servo pulse to the multi-turn servo. You could use an Arduino or a Baby Orangutan to do that. Do you know what kind of RC pulse your transmitter sends when you press the momentary switch? I suspect it will not work well with our RC switch for your application.

- Ryan