2Nm motor with 150rpm

Hi,
could you please recommend a gearmotor that revolves approx. 100-150rpm loaded with 1-2Nm? I’m also interested in a PWM regulator for it. Thanks

Hello.

Unfortunately, we do not have a gearmotor that can deliver that much torque without being damaged or breaking. Some of our motors with higher gear ratios can generate that amount of torque when they are close to stalling, but that is likely to damage the gearbox and the motor.

-Aaron

I see. Thank you for your reply.
Is there some graph available that would describe the relation between the torque applied and the resulting rotation speed for example for this motor: pololu.com/catalog/product/1107 ?

Hello.

We don’t have a graph available, but the relationship is more or less linear, between stall torque, zero speed and no torque, free-run speed.

-Aaron

ok, so how much torque can this gearmotor withstand continuously without being damaged?

Hello.

I think it will probably survive being stalled at 12 V (though I’m not sure we’ve actually tried that with this particular motor), but generally speaking, stalling is pretty rough on a motor in a number of different ways, and it is something you should avoid doing repeatedly or for prolonged periods of time. My recommendation for motors like this is that you should try to keep the continuous load to from exceeding 50% of the stall torque (or maybe less than this, depending on the stall current and the gear reduction of the gearbox).

- Ben