2 wirelessly communicating bots.. plz help!

Hey every1, i am trying to build two autonomous bots which will be communicating their positions to each other at all times(they will be place in a grid). Can i use 2 cc2500 modules one on each bot? i am planning to use an avr ATMega32 micro controller board, which will be used to run two dc motors and 3 line sensors and 1 touch sensor. I went thru the cc2500 data sheet… it seems its very high-fy for sumtin like this…
another option is to use a simple encoder/decoder with an transmitter and reciever pair. I came across the HT12E/HT12D encoder/decoder pair, with the TL434 (i think i dnt remmeber the model) transmitter/reciever pair.
Is there some site on how to connect these to the microcontroller and how it works?
Plz give me ideas as to how to go about implementing the wireless modules for this…
also some1 told me that if i use a low freq rf module like the above(434 MHZ)… there is a lot of data loss, especially if the data is sent continuously… is this true? if yes plz suggest some solution…