18v25 on Arduino issue

Hi,

I bought two 18v25 Motor Drives from you guys two months ago. When connecting my motor drive to the arduino board I accidently connected the wrong pins. I connect V+, 5V(out) and FF2 instead of PWM, DIR and GND (it was connected to an external 12V source).This blew up my arduino chip, which I replaced, and now it works again. The motor drive however does not. Did I short circuit it? When connecting my other motor drive it works great. I have also tried changing the capacitor, but no luck.

I assume it is ruined? Is it possible to check so I can at least verify that it is broken?
Richard

Hello.

Unfortunately, if your driver does not work in the same setup as the other one (and if you see no visible signs of a burnt-out trace), then you can basically treat that as confirmation that it has been permanently damaged. If you email us with reference this thread and your order information, we might be able to get you a discount on a replacement.

- Ben

Hi,

And thank you for answering so quickly.

Okay. The thing is that I bought them through one of your suppliers in Norway, http://www.stormvest.no. Will that be an issue? It clearly states on the receipt that it has been bought through you guys, since they had none in stock.

No, that’s not a problem. Just include in your email where and when you purchased the boards. If you have an order/shipping confirmation email from the distributor, you could just copy that.

- Ben