18v15 red error led staying on, cant figure out why

Hi. I recently purchased x2 18v15 to drive some motors. these motoers draw about 2 amps under load each. I have only been able to bech test a test motor i have, with initially everything ok. I acciedenlty shorted out the 1st motor controller and now it is completley dead, no leds or anything. The second 18v15 has a permanant red error led stsying on and i cannot figure out what is causing this. I have plugged it back in several times and windows does not recognize usb device. It will also not recoginsie it in pololu simple motor controller software. I spent a considerable amount of money and just havent had any sort of joy. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

ok. Ive seem to have gooten one now to respond in the simple motor software, the other one i beleive is cactus :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello.

Iā€™m sorry to hear you killed one of your motor controllers. It sounds like you have now resolved question you originally posted about, however. Is this the case? If so, is there anything else we can help you with? Also, note that we have several different products with the version number ā€œ18v15ā€, so please provide full product names or product numbers when requesting help with a part.

- Ben