Nexus 7 WiFi-Controlled Zumo

Hi Everyone! This is my first post in this forum. I’d like to share a project I just finished using the Zumo platform.

Pictures and videos of my project can be found on my Instagram account (@pablo), or you can use the links below.

The summary in a nutshell is that I designed a circuit board to interface a PIC 18F26K20 MCU ith the MRF24WB0MA WiFi module made by microchip. The board connects to my WiFi network and also contains the DRV8835 motor driver board I bought from Pololu. I mounted the board on top of the Zumo platform (the CAD files for the mounting pattern are great!) and I can control it using an Android app I wrote for my Nexus 7 tablet.

Finally, I threw a GoPro camera onto the front Sumo Blade and mounted a 6" Domo plush doll to chase dogs/pigeons around in San Francisco. The GoPro is quite heavy though, and combined with the short wheel-base of the Zumo the robot is a little unstable with all the extra load, but it still drives around decently well. Anyway I hope you enjoy the pictures/videos I put together. Let me know if you have any questions about my project, I’d be happy to answer them.

instagram.com/p/mdixWTMj85/
instagram.com/p/mhH-VeMj_E/
instagram.com/p/mjcN3lMj-z/
instagram.com/p/mnotwzsj1S/
instagram.com/p/mtgXa8sjw2/

Regards,
Pablo
Instagram: @pablo

Hello, Pablo.

That looks like a fun robot! Thank you for sharing; we plan to write about this on our blog.

-Jon

Awesome! Thanks Jon. Let me know if you need any raw pictures or video files.

Regards,
Pablo