Errors compiling Wixel SDK

Newbie programmer issues. I seem to run into an error when I use the make_all batch file. The error is :
make: *** [apps/test_radio_sleep/test_radio_sleep.hex] Error 1

I’m also getting several warnings of the form:
?ASlink-Warning-Undefined Global ‘_ISR_ST’ referenced by 'test…

It’s probably an obvious mistake. Any suggestions? BTW, I’m not using the eclipse software if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
-Ryan (rtbosley gmail.com)

Hello, Ryan.

I’m sorry you are having trouble.

I have split your post into a new topic because it was unrelated to the topic you posted it in. In the future, you can start new topics using the New Topic button.

Could you copy and paste the entire output from make_all.bat here so I can see exactly what errors and warnings the compiler is producing?

–David

David,
Thanks for the reply. Below is the output I see in the cmd window after running the make_all.bat. Thanks! -Ryan

Linking apps/test_radio_sleep/test_radio_sleep.hex

?ASlink-Warning-Undefined Global ‘_sleepInit’ referenced by module ‘test_radio_s
leep’

?ASlink-Warning-Undefined Global ‘_ISR_ST’ referenced by module ‘test_radio_slee
p’

?ASlink-Warning-Undefined Global ‘sleepMode2’ referenced by module 'test_radio
sleep’

?ASlink-Warning-Undefined Global ‘_radioMacResume’ referenced by module ‘test_ra
dio_sleep’

?ASlink-Warning-Undefined Global ‘_radioMacSleep’ referenced by module 'test_rad
io_sleep’
make: *** [apps/test_radio_sleep/test_radio_sleep.hex] Error 1
You may now close this window.

Thanks for the additional output. There is no “test_radio_sleep” app in the our version of the Wixel SDK. Where did you get this code?

I’m not sure what you’re trying to do, but if you just want to compile the Pololu version of the Wixel SDK then you can download it from pololu/wixel-sdk on github or in the Pololu Wixel Development Bundle, found in the Wixel User’s Guide.

If you are trying to compile Shehryar Lasi’s test_radio_sleep app, then you should download his version of wixel-sdk, which should have the library methods you’re missing like radioMacResume.

–David

David,

Ok thanks. I was trying to run the application you mentioned, but didn’t realize I needed to download a separate version of SDK. I’ll give that a shot and hopefully that will fix my problems. In general, will I need to download a new SDK if there are references to library files that don’t exist in the “standard” Pololu Wixel SDK?

Thanks again,
-Ryan

Yes, that’s right. Even if you don’t get error messages, there’s a chance that the other application depends on some changes made to the libraries that haven’t been merged back into the our version of the Wixel SDK, so you should make sure you get those changes. You can look at the commit history on github.com, with TortoiseGit, or with the ‘git log’ command and this will let you see what changes slasi has made to the Wixel SDK.

If you want to have a single Wixel SDK that contains our latest changes as well as slasi’s changes, you can install git and at the command line do something like:

git clone -o pololu git://github.com/pololu/wixel-sdk.git
cd wixel-sdk
git remote add slasi https://github.com/slasi/wixel-sdk.git
git pull slasi master

Please note that your merged Wixel SDK that this produces will not have been tested by either us or slasi, so it’s more likely for there to be problems with it.

I should have noticed what was going on from the error message in your first post but in general it would help if you explicitly tell us what code you’re trying to compile and where it came from, especially when the code came from a third party.

–David

David,

Thanks! That worked great. I’m seeing about 80uA or so at the lowest current during Shehryar Lasi’s test_radio_sleep app.

The one thing I will note is that after uploading either the test_sleep or test_radio_sleep, the hardware is not recognized by the Wixel Configuration utility. I had to tie the P2_2 pin high when powering it up to force it into bootload mode so that it would be recognized and allow other apps to be uploaded.

Cheers,
-Ryan

I’m glad you are making progress. Maintaining a USB connection requires frequently sending responses to received packets, so I don’t think the Wixel can do it while it is sleeping. --David