3pi + WiFi + iPhone/iPod Touch

I have recently put together a 3pi with a WiFly-GSX module from Roving Networks (rovingnetworks.com/surf_board.php) and developed an iPhone app that allows for control of the 3pi over an adhoc network created by the WiFly module. In addition to regular push buttons to control the 3pi, I integrated the iPhone/iPod touch accelerometer for a new way of controlling the 3pi’s motion. Here is a video demo:

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions! Thanks for watching.

Hello.

Thanks for posting your project! It’s always interesting to see the ways people modify the 3pi. Have you thought about making the interface more advanced by having the degree of tilt correspond to the speed? It would be cool to see you drive the 3pi about arbitrarily by mixing the x and y tilts.

- Ben

Thanks for your reply Ben. I have thought about using the amount of tilt to control the speed, and make it so the motion is more fluid. Hopefully I’ll find some time to make that happen, but for now I just wanted to keep it simple in order to get the system working reliably. I’ll be sure to keep this thread updated!

Hello.

Can we add your project to our Community Projects list?

- Ryan

Apologies for the delay. That would be great if you put my project on the Community Projects page.

Thanks!
-Derek

Hello.

I’ve put the project up on the Community Projects page.

- Ryan