Switch Video Cameras w/ Pololu RC Switch Possible?

I’m not entirely sure if this has been previously discussed (but I was unable to find a thread about this) but I need some help with a circuit design for a robot I am designing. I am trying to remotely swap power to 2 separate cameras so depending on which is powered they will output to my monitor.

My question is, can I use the “Pololu RC Switch with Medium Low-Side MOSFET” to power one camera and swap the power to the other camera when the switch is pressed? I have tried various ways myself but I have been unable to figure this out. :frowning: I pretty sure I’m missing the obvious.

Ideally, I want to toggle a switch on my R/C controller (Hitec Aurora 9) that connects to an extra channel on my receiver that then connects to the RC switch. This would then connect to external power and my two cameras; depending on which direction the switch is on my controller would power one camera or the other.

If this is not possible with these RC switches, can you point me in the right direction?

Hello.

You might be able to accomplish this by using our RC switches in combination with relays; however, if you do not have a strict time constraint, we should be releasing a new RC-controllable relay carrier board in the next few weeks, which would be like an RC switch and relay combined on a single board.

-Brandon

Its funny because after I posted this, I began researching the use of a relay with your switches I’ve already purchased and/or a custom RC switch with a Atmel ATTiny85, TI Analog switch IC and a relay. I was hoping to find something that I could either utilize components and RC switches I already have or a schematic of devices that do such. They have 2 & 3 video RC switches available from fpv websites & hobby sites, but I like to build my own circuits (I learn better hands-on, love building my own circuits). I’m sure if I was able to get a few hi-res photos of those boards, I could probably make the circuit myself, if the photos showed the IC models/manufacturer ofcourse. :confused:

Brandon, there is no time constraint, this is more of a research & development for a project already in production. This is going to be added onto the project later. I look forward to seeing this item you guys have in the works! :smiley:

Our new RC switch with relay is now available!

-Brandon

Woohoooo! I know what I will be buying this weekend. Thank you very much! :smiley: