Help with simple setup

Hello. I honestly don’t know very much about this kind of thing but I think a simple servo setup could help me with the problem I’m having. I am disabled and have very little use of my hands. I got a Kindle a few weeks ago and I thought I would be able to set up a way for me to turn the pages without having to touch the screen, but I couldn’t. When I read I don’t have the ability to reach out the touch the screen. I thought a simple servo that goes up and down with a battery attached to trick the touchscreen could act as my finger and touch the screen. The only problem is I don’t want to have the servo covering up any of the words so it would have to be off to the side. I got confused looking at the servos, controllers, receivers, batteries; I just need some help. I just need to know what I should buy and how to hook it up. I need very little power and I don’t have a big budget. Can anyone help? Thanks for reading.

Please look at the attached simple drawing and posted parts list and see if I have it right. Especially look at the switch connections; I’m not sure if it’s a proper pull-up resistor setup (or even if a pull-up resistor is what I need). Will this setup allow for the servo to rotate 90 degrees and return to its starting position at the touch of the switch? Three other questions:

1. How should I connect the controller’s VIN port to the controller’s servo power port to allow the battery to power the servo and controller?
  2. Do pre-crimped wires stay connected without a crimp housing?
  3. Can a standard male end plug in to a port without a header pin?

Thanks guys. Parts listed below.

#1053 Sub-Micro Servo 3.7g (Generic)
#1350 Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller (Assembled)
#2231 Rechargeable NiMH Battery Pack: 4.8 V, 900 mAh, 4x1 AAA Cells, JR Connector
#1402 Snap-Action Switch with 16.7mm Lever: 3-Pin, SPDT, 5A
M-F Jumper wires, M-F pre-crimped wires, F-2F servo Y splitter, header pins if the answer to question 3 is no.

Hello. The answer to your first question is in the “Powering the Maestro” section of the Maestro User’s Guide.

Yes, they will stay connected to the pins, but if you don’t use housings then you have a big risk of accidentally shorting things out while you work on the project. This could damage your electronics.

No. A wire with a male termination is meant to plug into a female header pin.

–David