25D bracket

Hello,

I have a small problem with the 25D mm Metal Gearmotor Bracket found here:
https://www.pololu.com/product/1569

The problem is that in the mechanical drawing (bracket bottom view) the spacing for the middle hole pattern is market as 6.4 mm (actually 6.35 mm) or 0.25’’, but measuring the the center to center hole distance of the actual bracket gives me only 6 mm or 0.23622’’.

So is the mechanical drawing wrong? Is my measurement ok or it is more like 5.9mm or 6.2 mm ? What is the exact distance?

Thank you,
Dan.

Hello, Dan.

The dimension drawing listed on the product page shows the dimensions that the bracket is specified to. In this case, the center-to-center distance between mounting holes is supposed to be 6.35mm (0.25″). I measured a couple 25D motor brackets here, and unfortunately, it looks like the hole spacing is not correct. My measurements were similar to yours (about 6.2mm between holes).

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are now looking into the problem, and I will post an update when we get more information.

-Brandon

I am sorry for any inconvenience that the incorrect measurement might have caused. We have corrected the drawing on the 25D metal gearmotor bracket’s product page. It now shows the distance between mounting holes as 6.2mm.

-Brandon