Wixel to Wixel communication problem

I’m trying to communicate between two Wixels on Arduinos. I sending a digit from one between 0 and 9 every 10 seconds. The receiver answers by transmitting "I received: " + the digit.I thought 10 seconds would be plenty to clear the channel. I’m monitoring with another Wixel on a PC with Hyperterminal. This is what I’m getting:

7 received: 7
I received: 8
9 received: 9
I received: 0
1 received: 1
I received: 2
3received: 3
I received: 4
5 received: 5
I received: 6
7 received: 7
I 8
9 received: 9
1 received: 1
I received: 2
3 received: 3
I received: 4
5 received: 5
I received: 6
7received: 7
I r9 received: 9

Why the dropped digits? What am I doing wrong?

Jim

Hello, Jim.

What Wixel app are you running on the Wixels? It sounds like there are three Wixels in your system. The Wixel’s Wireless Serial App can only work with pairs of Wixels so if you are running that app then I would expect some of the transmitted data to be lost.

–David

I saw that, David. I just thought that a listener only would not affect things so badly. Do all Wixels send out an id that screws things up?

The Wireless Serial App uses a radio protocol (provided by the radio_link library) that uses acknowledgment packets to ensure that the data reaches its destination. Even if you are just trying to listen, your Wixel will send out acknowledgment packets that will get confused with the acknowledgment packets from the other Wixels in the system.

–David

Ah so! Thanks so much, so much for my grand idea.

Jim