Good Wixel wiring practices

I am having some issues using two Wixels in Wireless Serial App (both UART-Radio) mode.
They work fine but at times the data is not clean and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong outside of the Arduino sketch.

I have two sets of Wixels
1 set on channel 128 57600 baud
1 set on channel 118 57600 baud

transmitters are about 3 feet apart from each other each in its own plastic project box
receivers are side by side inside a single plastic project box

both receivers feed serial data to an Arduino DUE on separate serial ports.

I am only using them with 6" to 5 ft distance between receivers and transmitters so its not a range issue unless its not advice-able to have them enclosed in a project box or maybe the receivers need a minimum distance between modules???

Any ideas?

Hello.

Your setup sounds like it should be fine. Can you explain what you mean when you say that the data is not clean at times? When and how often does this occur? Also, when you receive data that is not clean, what does it look like?

-Brandon

I think I figured it out, looks like the Wixel was on its dying breath or possibly some bad connection that I never saw fried it.

It was intermitent but now its completely dead.
I reloaded the app into both mating wixels and changed the frequency to 100 on both.
The transmitter is fine, the receiving Wixel shows its receiving based on how the amber LED flashes (identical to the one on the second set that does work).

I had to switch to a MEGA since my original post… any chance plugging the data out pin from the wixel straight into the MEGAs Rx1 pin could be an issue?

I am glad you found out what was causing the problem, but it is too bad it came with the loss of your Wixel.

I do not expect there to be any problems with outputting data from the Wixel to the Mega’s Rx pin, as long as the Mega will recognize the 3.3V signal as high. However, please note that the Wixel’s I/O lines are not 5V tolerant, and they should not be directly connected to outputs from 5V systems (like the Arduino Mega).

-Brandon