Wixel works on Mac OS X now!

I am happy to announce that you can now program Wixels from Mac OS X! We have ported the Wixel Configuration Utility and the command-line utility (wixelcmd) to Mac OS X, and you get them from the “Installing Mac OS X Drivers and Software” section of the Wixel User’s Guide.

–David

Wow, good job.

I installed the MacPorts http://www.MacPorts.org version of sdcc, grabbed the SDK from github, as directed in the documentation, changed directories, issued a make command and everything built first time no errors.

Can’t wait for my Wixels to arrive.

Bruce
Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion)

(I know I’m replying to an older thread)

Do you happen to know - or keep tabs on - compatible versions of SDCC? I was able to build/compile/load apps using 3.3.0, but SDCC 3.4.0 failed to build one of the libraries (can try again to duplicate and send the exact error).

Other than that, thanks for providing Mac support!

Hello.

Thank you for letting us know about the problem compiling the Wixel SDK with SDCC 3.4.0. The problem was in our code and I fixed it today. The Wixel SDK should work with every official release of SDCC since 3.0.0, but let us know if you have problems.

–David

I set up Eclipse the other day - the steps were pretty much the same as Windows, with one exception - I had to add an additional path to my PATH environment variable within the project (it couldn’t find SDCC). Once the project is created, simply go to:

Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Environment

I added:

PATH
/usr/local/bin/

After I did this, it changed the PATH to:

/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin

I believe this is because I have the “Append variables to native environment” option selected. What is interesting is that my PATH variable already had /usr/local/bin in it:

echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/local/git/bin