D24V6ALV Step Down Voltage Regulator

I know I’m going to sound like an idiot for asking this… I have recently been using your maestro servo controllers and I have managed to kill some 6v servos. I used a 6-AAA battery cell, and this provides a good voltage, but, when i recharged these batteries, the higher voltage managed to kill my sensitive servos. So I ordered this voltage regulator and I plan to use an 8-AAA battery cell. I was wondering how I am supposed to hook up this regulator to my batteries and my maestro. I know there is a VIN and a VOUT and a GND, But does the ground connect with the input voltage or does the ground connect to the poutput voltage? As far as I know, I thought 2 ports were for input, and 2 for output. Im sorry that im misinformed!

Hello.

I moved your post to the “Other Pololu Products” forum.

The answer to your question is that you want to connect both grounds (the Maestro and the battery) to the regulator ground.

Please note that that regulator only supplies a maximum of 600mA, which is low for powering servos. We typically suggest providing at least 1A per servo for common servos.

Generally people use 4 cell batteries with their servos; I think it is likely that your servos will work better directly connected to 4 cells than using our regulator. I would suggest checking with your servo manufacturer first to make sure the servos work at the 4-6V range.

- Ryan

Thank you for your help!