3pi Robot program does not start

Hello,
I was using my 3pi robot and trying to send a new program when that happens.
The situation is the following :
When I turn On the power of the robot, the program seems not loaded and the display is not working like it does (see attached photos).
When I try to send a new program, the error message is the same when the cable is not connected (i’m using AVR programming tool).
I would like to reset the robot or clear the program memory but I don’t know how to do that. I didn’t found in the manual.
For information, my batteries are fully charged. There were not uncharged when problem happenned.
Thx

Hello.

I am sorry you are having problems programming your 3pi. Were you able to program your 3pi before? If so, what was the last program you loaded onto it? Could you also post a screen shot of the message that appears in the Pololu USB AVR Programmer Configuration Utility after it fails to program the board?

- Jeremy

Hello and thx for your reply,
Yes I was able to program the 3pi before. The last program was the Advanced Line Following.
For the moment, it’s Holliday time so I cannot do the screenshot that you asked me to do.
I will do that in January.
How can I access to the Pololu USB AVR Programmer Configuration Utility?
Merry Christmas
Victor

The Pololu USB AVR Programmer Configuration Utility comes with the Windows drivers and can be run from the Start Menu. You can read more about it in the “Configuring the Programmer” section of the USB AVR Programmer user’s guide.

- Jeremy

Hello,
The attached file is a screenshot that you asked me to do and a global view.
I have no idea what to do.
Maybe should I send a new firmware for the Pololu USB AVR Programmer Configuration Utility? I don’t have the feeling that the problem is coming from the Pololu USB AVR Programmer Configuration Utility.
Maybe should I clear the memory of the ATMega? Can I do that without send a new program?
I already did it at the beginning of December 2014 and it was working fine after that.
I apologize for the delay of my answer.
Thx for your advices.
Greetings
VB

It looks like the ISP Clock frequency is very low. Could you try adjusting your ISP Clock frequency to 460.8 kHz? The frequency can be adjusted in the “Tool” menu under “Project Properties” (which can be access by pressing Alt + F7). 460.8 kHz corresponds to 1500 kHz on our programmer. You can read more about this in the “Configuring the Programmer” section of the AVR Programmer user’s guide.

After adjusting the ISP Clock frequency, could you try programming the 3pi by pressing F5?

- Jeremy

Yes! I did what you said and it’s works fine now!
I have no idea how the ISM clock frequency has been change.
Thanks a lot!
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I am glad you got it working. Thanks for letting us know.

- Jeremy