Zumo Robot motor controller with Edison Arduino

Has anyone had any luck getting the Intel Edison board working with the Zumo. The motor controller board seems to have an issue with Edison. Only one motor works. I’ve checked my solder connections and verified the motor didn’t get damaged. Any suggestions?

Hello.

The Arduino pin assignment table section of the Pololu Zumo Shield for Arduino User’s Guide (which is linked to on the “Resources” tab of the Zumo Shield for Arduino’s product page) describes how the pins on the robot are used. If you look there, you will see that pins 9 and 10 are used for PWM motor control.

I did a quick search and appears that the Edison uses some kind of jumper system to select the PWM pins. If you have not looked into how that works, I recommend starting there. There is a chance that you may need to write your own code to control the motors rather than using the Zumo Shield Arduino Library.

-Nathan

Thanks Nathan. The jumper on the board needed to be changed and the following line of code associated with the jumper. It now works.
// default Edison Arduino shield is PWM pins 3,5,6,9 jumpers and this function needed to change
// the order of the swizzle defines the PWM number, PWM0,1,2,3
setPwmSwizzler(3,5,10,9);