Bottom text cut off on 3pi LCD

Hey all ^^
Just wondering what could cause this, and if there is a possible fix.
I just received my 3pi in the mail a few days ago and have had a blast trying to figure out how to program it.
My inexperience with c aside, I’m wondering what could cause the top half of the bottom text to be cut off on the LCD. Here’s a picture.
drive.google.com/file/d/0BwsCyL … sp=sharing

So as you can see, pretty annoying issue. The LCD was behaving wonderfully right until a couple nights ago. I haven’t done anything to my knowledge that could effect it in this way but you never know.

Does anyone know what this could be?

Hello.

Thank you for the picture. Did anything happen between when it was working and when it started displaying incorrectly (such as dropping it or plugging it in backwards)? You might try jiggling the LCD while it is on the 3pi to see if it might have an intermittent connection. Also, could you try pushing on the boarder of the black bezel to make sure the LCD contacts are properly engaged.

If those things do not fix the problem, you can email us at support@pololu.com with your order information and a reference to this post and we might be able to help you out with a replacement LCD.

-Brandon

I can’t recall anything happening to the robot that could cause an issue like this.

I tried pushing on the border and that makes that portion come back. I guess it could be the LCD contacts. How would I go about fixing this?

It sounds like the pins on the underside of the LCD are not making good connections. You can email us with the information I mentioned in my previous post, and we can look into what we can do to help.

In the meantime, you might try slightly turning the bezel tabs that clamp on to the underside of the board using a small pair of pliers. Doing this should tighten the LCD onto the board, which could fix the problem.

-Brandon