Xbee series 1, Arduino, serial data transmit and receive

Hello,
I want to get sensor data from a remote xbee by using an IS (forced sample) api command. The rcvr (xbee1) is connected to an arduino mega. The xmtr is xbee2 (sensors) Try as I might, and reading Jon Titus’ book on xbees, I’ve had no luck. My goal is to force a sample transmission with the IS command. Take this data and parse it out for the sensor bytes. My ultimate goal is to have 4 independent xbees sending sensor data to the receiving xbee attached to the arduino. Can you please help me? Here is my code.

/* If there is no data in the reciever buffer an "H" prints out.  I can't seem to get data into
the buffer as the result of this program is a printing of the "H". 

Materials:  2 xbee series 1 in API mode, factory settings.  Do--D3 are activated on xbee2 (sensors are here)
                   1 arduino mega.  Mega Serial 0 Tx connected to xbee1 Din
                                                                 Rx connected to xbee1 Dout
                   1 logic level converter bi directional 3.3 to 5 volts between xbee1 and mega
*/   

byte IScmd[] = {0x7E,0x00,0x0F,0x17,0x53,0x00,0x13,0xA2,0x00,        //API command byte, from the mega to Xbee1 then transmitted to xbee2, I S (49,53) equals forced sample
                0x40,0x81,0x82,0x0D,0xFF,0xFE,0x02,0x49,0x53,0xF5};

byte Rcvd[27];  // array; data received from xbee2.  Using D0,D1,D2,D3 on xbee2

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);  //using arduino mega to avoid any serial write/read conflicts
  Serial1.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
     for(int x = 0; x < 19; x++)   //sends the command byte from mega to xbee#1 which transmits to xbee#2
       {
         Serial.write(IScmd[x]);
         delay(1);
       }

while(Serial.available() == 0) //program stops here if nothing in buffer.
    {
      Serial.print("H"); //lets me know nothing is there yet.
      Serial.println();
      delay(100);
    }

if(Serial.available() >= 20) //data is in the buffer and  waits until a mouthful of data in the buffer to read
    {
      if(Serial.read() == 0x7E)
        {
          for(int n=1; n< 27; n++)  // reads the bytes from Xbee#2 into the array Rcvd
             {
               Rcvd[n] = Serial.read();
               delay(1);
             }
        }
    }
    for(int i = 1; i<27; i++)
      {
         Serial1.print(Rcvd [i],HEX);   //prints the bytes from Rcvd array
         Serial1.println(); 
         delay(50);
      }
      delay(500);
}

Hello.

Our experience with the Xbee is very limited. You might try posting this on the Arduino Forum for help.

- Jeremy