Tablet pc windows for check mini master 12 channel?

Hello everyone.
I would buy a tablet pc windows8 to drive the micro master 12 channels.
you can do this?
Will be read as a hardware device, and there are drivers to install?
Attached is the tablet that I would buy:
:http://www.tinydeal.com/it/PIPO-W7-7-IPS-Screen-Windows-8-1-Intel-Z3735G-Quad-core-1GB-16GB-Tablet-PC-w-Bluetooth-4-0-OTG-HDMI-p-143451.html?currency=EUR&gclid=CP-G8u_Pl8QCFUcTwwod0gwA6g

Please let me know is very important.
Thank you so much to heart.

Hi.

It looks like that tablet runs a standard Windows OS, so I expect that our Maestro drivers and software would work with it. However, we have not tested it. You can download the Maestro’s drivers and software from the Resources tab of its product page.

By the way, it looks like that tablet only has OTG USB ports on it, so you would probably need a special cable to connect it to the Maestro.

If you do try it, please let us know how it goes.

-Claire

Hello
Thanks for the answer!
I want to connect the Maestro via cable OTG connected to the microUSB tablet…

With the Pc, the Mestro is working correctly, and is great for my project, only now I want something less bulky of the PC to be included in the box.
Could you recommend something if there is doubt that the tablet PC is not working?! before that I buy it.?!
Thank you

As I said in my last post, I expect that tablet to work with the Maestro Drivers and software, though I can’t say for sure. I don’t have any recommendations of another device you could use.

-Claire

Thanks Claire you are very kind.!
I inserted a motherboard of a PC inside and a 7-inch VGA monitor inside of my car that I’m building.
This will have mill and cut some objects …!
I thought about adding two relays for actuate these engines, I read that can be used the relays with mini maestro, changing the setting from servo to output.
Please could you tell me a script to insert … when I have to operate relay ??
Excuse me, but I’ do not have much experience with the mini maestro.
Thanks a lot!

Hello.

We do not have example code specifically for controlling relays from the Maestro. The script will depend on what you are trying to do with those relays. You can find more information about the Maestro’s scripting language in the “Maestro Scripting Language” section of the Maestro user’s guide. You might also take a look at the “Example Scripts” section of the user’s guide to help get you started.

If you try writing a script and run into problems or have questions, you could post your script here, and I would be happy to take a look at it.

- Amanda

Hello Amanda, thanks for the information.
Surely I will need your help to create the correct script to get the best from the machine! Two years ago I patented this invention does not exist in the trade and I thought I’d check with Mini master … since it is a very simple and effective to use … Now I’m realizing the project, missing some pieces that will arrive. Once everything is ready, I would be glad if you give me a hand to get it working correctly :slight_smile:

Happy new year to all,.I hope that you’re well!

The prototype that I said you in the past in other post, is almost ready but i’ve a problem since I replaced the analogic servo with a digital servo for the channel (0). . (My new servo is a POWER HD 1235MG )

Is possible connect a digital servo to mini maestro? If this is possible, … there is something wrong in my settings?.

Please, let me know if you can help me!!
Thank you in advance.

Salvatore Landi from Italy .

Hi, Salvatore.

The Maestros should be able to control both analog and digital hobby servos, since they have the same control interface and 3-wire connection.

I do not know how you have your Maestro configured or what settings you are referring to, so it is difficult for me to help you troubleshoot the issue. Can you elaborate on what is wrong with your new setup (e.g. no movement, jittery movement, red LED is on, Maestro resets)? Did anything else in your current setup change from the previous setup other than replacing an analog servo for a digital servo?

Digital servos sometimes need more power than analog servos, so the issue might be that your power supply is not able to source enough current for the new servo. A good rule of thumb is to have a power supply that can provide about 1A per standard size servo.

- Amanda

Hello Amanda thanks for your support !.
The error that occurred when I connected the digital servo is as follows (see attached photo), also wreaks havoc with the Mini Maestro and losing the connection with PC.!
I could try changing the power Ampere (at the moment I’m using the current 6volt supplied from PC power supply).
(Unfortunately in Italy is already night, I would try now… tomorrow i will know)!!
Do you have any other information that can you suggest?
I heard that some digital servos have to work with a greater number of Herz…
Thank you!! :slight_smile:

Here’s also the setup…Please let me know if there’s something of wrong.
Thank you of heart.
-Salvatore

Does the issue only happen when you try moving that servo? If you disconnect that servo from the Maestro and try moving one of the other connected servos, does the error message and USB disconnection problem go away? What is the current rating of your power supply? Can you post pictures of your setup clearly showing all your connections?

- Amanda

Servos are powered with 5 volts 30 amperes from a power supply from a desktop computer as you can see in the pictures … servos power hd 1501MG, work properly… only power hd 1235mg digital, release a problem with mini maestro… there is the probability that 1Volt missing for 6 volts creates problem?

what configuration you want to see in the control center ?
I already posted an photo in the previous post!
Please help me! thank you !!

From the pictures, your system seems quite powerful and your servos look like they could draw enough current to cause the voltage of your power supply to drop. Are you powering the Maestro’s logic from the same PC power supply? 5V is already the minimum voltage the Maestro can work with, so if it is being powered from that same supply, it is very likely that it would not work properly.

Also, can you answer the first two questions in my last post? It would help in troubleshooting your issue. In particular, did you try unplugging the problematic servo from the Maestro? If you did and the error went away, could you try taking the servo out of your mechanical setup, reconnecting the servo to the Maestro, and testing if you still get errors and disconnection when you move it? Please make sure that the non-working servo is the ONLY servo connected to your Maestro and nothing else.

- Amanda

PROBLEM SOLVED !!
The problem was that the voltage drops and sent in crash mini master…
I powered externally servo without taking power from the mini master …
I followed this wiring that I found on internet … (in this case is on Arduino, but the concept is the same).
I recommend this wiring, you get better performance servo.
Amanda thank you for all the support you gave me, you have been very kind!
as soon as I finish all the finishes of the prototype, I will send you a video … I’m looking for a company that manufactures this machinery, and I hope that this happens!!
Thanks a lot!! :slight_smile:

Great! I am glad you were able to resolve your problem; thank you for letting us know.

By the way, from your wiring diagram, I noticed that the ground between the power supply and the servo is routed through the Arduino board. It would be better to connect the power supply’s ground directly to the servo. You could use a Y splitter cable to establish a common ground throughout your system.

- Amanda

Hello Amanda, hello everyone, I hope that all right!
I promise this is the last question :slight_smile:
Assuming that I’ve already done a sequence that works properly, I would like to add a button to the 4 channel to start the sequence from start to finish, only when it is pressed …
Could you tell me what I should write in the script before all the steps of the sequence?
Thank you in advance

Hi.

There is an example script for using a button and switch to control servos in the “Example Scripts” section of the Maestro user’s guide that can help get you started. To execute your sequence after a button press event, you would need to call your sequence subroutine (or jump to the beginning of your sequence using a label if it is not defined as a subroutine) after calling wait_for_button_press in the frame subroutine.

If you try merging your code with the button example code and run into issues, you can post your modified script here, and I would be happy to take a look.

- Amanda

Hello Amanda, I made two photos of the script, because I was cannot copied from the master center …
I would like to insert a button (such as that used to start a desktop PC), to the channel number 4, so that each time it is pressed, it makes the whole sequence.
Can you please tell me where, and how, insert this function (wait_for_button_press) ??
What cables must be connected to the channel 4 button? Positive and signal? negative with the signal? how should I set the channel number 4 as input ?
Forgive me for all these questions, but they are new things for me! excuse me although I’m not very good with the language, I hope you can understand me easily!
Thank you in advance, Salvatore Landi.