I need a help and guide in this case

Hello all ,
I’ve been working on my two-wheeled mobile robot I’ve been trying to perfect my obstacle avoidance algorithm which is Artificial Potential Field method . Also i use Arduino Uno kit . The basic concept of the potential field approach is to compute a artificial potential field in which the robot is attracted to the target and repulsed from the obstacles . The artificial potential field is used due to its computational simplicity . the mobile robot applies a force generated by the artificial potential field as the control input to its driving system . the Artificial Potential Field method in its computations depends on the distance between robot and goal or target and the distance between robot and obstacles that effected the robot (which could easily get for ultrasonic senors)

I applied the Artificial potential field method in Matlab environment / simulation and it is done successfully , really what I need in the simulation is to get the current position of mobile robot and position of goal as x , y coordinates (to compute the distance between robot and goal) and the obstacles positions ,

The output of the Artificial potential field is the desired angle to avoid obstacle and reach to the goal , the method give the robot the angle the pointed to the goal then the robot goes toward that angle and if the robot face an obstacle in his way ( got from sensor reading) the Artificial potential field will update the angle to avoid the obstacle and then re-give the robot the angle that pointed to the goal and so on.

The question is how could I apply the Artificial potential field method in real would ? what should I get ? is it easy to do that or it is impossible ?

I had Rover 5 with two normal DC motors and two encoders (incremental rotary encoder) per each wheel .

Any Help or suggestion on the topic will be highly appreciated please.

The potential field approach to autonomous robot navigation is common and it works. But before you get to that stage, you must know where your robot is and how it is oriented, as a function of how it has moved. Get that working to your satisfaction with the robot you have, before worrying about navigation through obstacles.

One step at a time, and good luck with your project!