18V15 Raspberry PI

Hi,

I have 18V15 that I have connected to my raspberry pi.

The motor controller should appear as /dev/ttyACM0 and /dev/ttyACM1. https://www.pololu.com/docs/0J40/3.b

But only /dev/ttyACM0 appears.

The yellow led flashes.

Any way I can get this unit to appear as per documentation?
Later on I want to control this board via python. Any references would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello.

Are you trying to connect the simple motor controller 18V15 or the Maestro to your Raspberry Pi? (You linked to the Maestro’s user’s guide.)

- Amanda

Hi,

I’m trying to connect to simple motor controller 18V15

Thanks.

It seems like you might have looked at the wrong user’s guide. You should only see one virtual port for the simple motor controller board. For confirmation, see the “Installing Linux Drivers and Software” section of the Simple Motor Controller User’s Guide.

As for the other question in your first post, we do not have any example code written in Python to control the Simple Motor Controller. However, you might consider taking a look at the Python class for the Maestro to help get you started. The Maestro shares the same communication protocols as the Simple Motor Controller, but both have different sequences of command bytes. You can find more about the commands for the Simple Motor Controller in the “Binary Command Reference” section of its user’s guide.

- Amanda