2DOF Seat Mover Moxley's Way

Show everyone what you've built! Don't forget pictures of your creations.

2DOF Seat Mover Moxley's Way

Postby Nick Moxley » Thu May 01, 2014 9:56 am

This is what I started with and decided to add motion with the help of a Few Key member's of xsimulator.net/community/

47A 575w Server Power supplies from Ebay for a whopping 12.50$ Along with a pair of Pololu JRK 12v12's

10mm Rod ends again from Ebay for 11$ free shipping with Lever's and Holes drilled for direct mount 360deg hall effect pots.

Motor's are 12/24V 200w, 20-30Nm

And Finally the Joint and the seat. CV has been angle mounted to match the 10 deg angle of the stock seating position.

Currently as of today I'm in the middle of rebuilding the Base to ensure it's as sturdy and solid as possible, Gluing and Screwing everything. Paint job is 1/2 done on the base and all the little bits and parts are being painted as well, Tomorrow I might just have the Seat Mounted on the frame and then on the base. Very excited to say the least.

Paint in Progress

Seat Mounted and final measuring for rear arms.

Rear Arms Welded/polished up

Motor mount Angle L wasn't up to snuff, So they got upgraded

Next up was the shifter mount, I couldn't stand having my CSS sitting there staring me in the face not being used, So i went to work using the old motor mount angle iron. Here's what i came up with. Drilled and tapped the Seat riser using 4mm cap heads from my RC stuff and managed to get it Exactly where i had it before. Its also Uber sturdy like it was before.

And Finished Project

Nick Moxley

Re: 2DOF Seat Mover Moxley's Way

Postby Derrill » Thu May 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Hello, Nick.

That is a great simulator! Also, nice job documenting it. We are planning on making a community project blog post about it.

Keep up the good work!

-Derrill
Derrill
Pololu Employee

Postby Nick Moxley » Fri May 02, 2014 7:28 am

Awesome, This was a shortened down version of just the motion Setup. Got a whole build thread at the link i sent ya,

In case someone else wants to see the progression of the Rig.
http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/topic/ ... xleys-way/
Nick Moxley

Postby Nick Moxley » Mon May 05, 2014 7:58 am

So On Saturday i had my first official test session with 2 "lfe's" on the seat bolts and my Gamer 2 on the seat frame. HOLY CRACKERS!!!!! Thats what i was looking for/expecting from the LFE's. Vibration's that will make your eye balls shake to the point of not being able to read text. One thing i noticed was the LFE's on the seat bolt are in a completely different Fq range than the Gamer 2 on the Seat frame. Kinda cool to be able to cover a larger spectrum of the Low end Stuff.

I also re did my motor locks, the Bent flat bar i had before would prevent the arms from Dropping down, but wouldn't prevent the arms from Going UP when i sat forward in the chair to reach something. SO i came up with these.

Open

Nick Moxley

Postby motiondave » Sun May 25, 2014 2:31 am

Beawdy Job there buddy! I look forward to racing against you online with my ride.
motiondave

Postby motiondave » Sun May 25, 2014 2:35 pm

Yes, nice job man!
motiondave

Postby Nick Moxley » Tue May 27, 2014 11:52 am

Thanks Dave, Without your and Rob this most likely would have never came to be. Special thanks as you already know. :-D
Nick Moxley

Return to Share Your Projects