Shaker system that uses a 36v15

Here’s a video that shows a “shaker” or vibration feedback system I built for a flight simulator project I’m working on. It’s based on the SHKR-1 interface card by Built For Fun (builtforfun.co.uk). It uses a 36v15 driver board to control a 24VDC, 250 watt motor.

enjoy!

g.

Hello.

Your project looks really cool! Thank you for sharing it with us. I would love to see more of your simulator as it progresses. It is also neat to see the SHKR-1 board in action.

-Brandon

Brandon, info on what the shaker is going into can be found here: geneb.simpits.org.

My “main” project is here: f15sim.com and I won’t be using the shaker with that. I’ve got some irreplaceable instruments in there and I’m not about to subject them to vibrations if I can help it. :smiley:

g.

That is some impressive work! We are considering making this a community project post on our blog. Have you used Pololu products in other projects on your blogs besides the shaker that you would not mind telling us about? Also, which project is the shaker for? I do not see a specific reference to it on your simulator projects blog.

-Brandon

Thanks!

I’ve used the Pololu AVR ISP programmer for flashing my 3D printer controllers if that counts. laughs

The write-up for the shaker system hasn’t taken place yet. I’ve only got a few photos taken and it’ll be installed in a cockpit tomorrow. I’ll get photos of that and get it written up ASAP.

g.