Jrk12v12 potentiometer

Hello , I wanted to know what kind of potentiometer is best for a jrk12v12 linear or logarithmic ? 5k or 10k ? It is to handle 2 motors to sim racing . Thanks greetings!

Hola, queria saber que tipo de potenciometro es mejor para una jrk12v12, lineal o logaritmico? 5k 0 10k? es para manejar 2 motores para sim racing. Gracias, saludos!

Hello.

If you are asking for a recommendation on a potentiometer for the input or feedback, we generally recommend using a linear potentiometer between 1kΩ and 10kΩ. By the way, the jrk allows for scaling the input and changing its characteristics to use a higher-degree polynomial function, which would allow for better control near the neutral point. You can read more about this in the “Input Options” section of the jrk user’s guide.

- Jeremy

Thank you very much for your answer, sorry to make the query in several places!
So far it came using logarithmic potentiometers, can be that this is the cause of overheating cables and boards?

Sorry for the English is a translation of google.

No, I do not expect a logarithmic potentiometer to cause the jrk motor controller to overheat.

It sounds like you might be having problems with your controller. Could you tell me more about your setup and the issue? Are you getting any errors in the Jrk Configuration Utility?

- Jeremy

Hello, I was with a lot of work that I could not answer before, I’m working on getting all the photos and a detailed description of my setup. But before that maybe you can tell me what is the optimal temperature of the jrk 12v12 and what is the temperature higher than this can support, now I have mounted a small dissipator on each jrk, but I would like to control the temperature with a digital thermometer to make sure it is not too hot.

The jrk 12v12 motor controller uses the VNH2SP30 motor driver. In our tests, the driver’s thermal protection activated at around 170°C, so you will probably want to keep its temperature below that. If your driver is overheating, there might be an issue with your setup. If you tell us more about your setup, like what motor you are using, we might be able to point out anything that looks suspect.

- Jeremy

Hello, I have some doubts about some configurations jrk 12v12 . I have my simulator working properly some time ago, but I’m not sure how to take my jrk 's with the settings I have. In the configuration utility - engine - max current ( A) I have a value of 37.995 . This value really makes the jrk operate at 38 amps ? I doubt this because I have installed automotive flat fuses 20 amp between jrk and engines and operate without cutting , use cables 2.5 mm2 and do not seem warm.
Approximately how many continuous amps until the jrk can work if they install a heatsink and cooler? that section cable connections recommended for: jrk to motor and jrk to power supply , working to a maximum of 25 amps ? Can be connected between the jrk and motor a thermal unipolar DC key to replace the fuses? Sorry for the bad English , thank you, greetings !

It sounds like you might have misunderstood the “Max current” setting. This setting controls when the jrk’s “Max. current exceeded” error is triggered. For example, setting the “Max current” to 10A will cause the jrk to trigger the “Max current exceeded” error when the motor draws 10A (it will not cause the motor to draw 10A).

The jrk 12v12 is rated for a continuous output current of approximately 12A. We have not characterized how adding a heat sink might impact this; however, please note that we view adding heat sinks as an advanced modification that should only be done by those who have experience with this kind of thing. The jrk 12v12 is not appropriate for use with a motor that has a continuous current draw of 25A. I am not familiar with “thermal unipolar DC keys”, so I do not know if they would be appropriate for using in place of a fuse.

Brandon