Question regarding the compatibility of my HiTec reciever

Hello Pololu community,
My name is Anthony and I am currently a sophomore in high school. I am currently working on constructing a combat robot for the holidays and I am at the stage of ordering my materials. I have a Laser 4-Channel 75mhz transmitter and the HiTec hfd 08RO 75mhz reciever that came with it. I am looking to buy the 2x5A dual motor controller but I am concerned that it will not be compatible with my reciever. In school, I experimented with the old Victor 888 controllers and found they did not work, due to the fact that they ran on a different voltage level. I know the 2x5A can work from 6v to 34v, 5A to 10A, but I would like to eliminate any possible room for error that I may have over-looked.

Power Consumption Estimations:
Reciever: 4 AA batteries (6v)
AmpFlow m27-150 Motors(x4): 75watts, 12v, 0.10 HP
2X5A controller: 6-34v, 5-10A

Hello, Anthony.

It sounds like you are talking about the RoboClaw 2x5A Motor Controller (V4). You should be aware that although the controller can operate the motors using a power supply from 6 to 34V, the logic for the RC input only operates up to 5V. It looks like the receiver you mentioned operates from 4.3 to 6.0V, so if you supply 5V, it should work with the RoboClaw.

Also, I am not sure how you are planning on powering your receiver, but the RoboClaw controller can be configured to provide 5V for logic via its onboard battery elimination circuit (BEC), though the current limit (200mA) might not be adequate for your receiver, so you might need to provide a separate 5V power source.

Nathan