Dual VNH5019 Motor Driver Shield changing pins

I need to change the pins on the shield because 8 9 and 10 are not available due to a less forgiving display shield. The soldering and wire part I get and is cake. I assume that there will need to be some code changes in the standard library? I’m currently using 8,9,10,11 and 13 on an UNO board so if you could suggest alternate digital pins and what code needs to be changed that would be spectacular. The analog pins are fine.

Hello.

Pins 9 and 10 are the PWM inputs and use timer1. You will probably want to remap them to pins that support hardware PWM, such as pins 3 and 11. Since pins 3 and 11 both use timer2, you might be able to modify our library to use that timer (please note that timer2 is an 8 bit timer, unlike timer1, which is a 16 bit timer). Pin 8 is used for M2INB, which determines one of the motors direction. Since it does not depend on a timer, it can be moved to any IO pin. If you have problems remapping the pins, you could post a diagram of the remapped pins, and I might be able to give you some suggestions.

- Jeremy