Need info on a polulu motor slod by Radio Shack

Hello,

There is a dual shaft gear motor 1.7Kg sold by Radio shack and unfortunately I already ordered it. But I can’t seem to get any info about dimensions and I am wondering how to connect the shaft to a axle made of 4/40 threaded rod (use gear or direct coupling, what coupler, etc?) Can you give me some advice? the radio shack catalog number is 273-848.

George

Hello,

I am trying to use a Polulu dual shaft geared motor with a 1.7Kg torque. I am pretty sure from the looks of it that it is a Polulu motor even though I found it at radio shack. I have already ordered it, or else I would purchase what I need directly from Polulu or at least from a vender who could provide me with more information. Does anybody know the Polulu part number for this motor? How would I connect the motor shaft to the axle? If by gear, what would the bore have to be?

George

Hello, George.

I talked to you over the phone about this already, but wanted to post this for others on the forum. RadioShack does not get their motors from us, so we have no way of knowing if they are the same as our motors. Even though the form factor seems similar, they could have different dimensions than the motors we carry.

- Grant