Dual VNH2SP30 Motor Driver for Voice Controlled Wheelchair

Hi
I’m working final year project “Voice controlled wheelchair”.I get Dual VNH2SP30 Motor Driver Carrier MD03A to drive motors of my wheelchair… I’m using Raspberry pi for controlling drives and rest all sensors…
From official site of product
1IN (A) AND 1IN (B) is used to control direction of motors and PWM is for speed controlling
Where 5V and GND is operating voltage for driver and on opposite side of board VIN+ and –GND is supply for motors …
My Questions…

1. What is purpose of EN/1DIAG , VIN and CS
  2. Is it necessary to provide ground on both GND points left and right of +5V IN

waiting for response

Hello.

Descriptions of the DIAG/EN and CS pins can be found on Table 4 of the VNH2SP30 datasheet. VIN is the connection point for the positive side of the motor power supply.

It is not necessary to provide ground connections to both the GND pins near the +5 V pin since all of the grounds on the driver are connected on the board. If your motor’s power supply and controller’s power supply share a common ground, you should not need to connect either. If not, you should make sure that everything in your system shares a common ground.

- Jeremy

thanks Jeremy :slight_smile:

i done with driving both motors using (1INA , 1INB and PWM) by applying Battry voltage for Motors and 5v volt for driver circuit…

what is suitable range of frequency and duty cycle for PWM?
what is normal status of lights on driver circuit ?

The frequency range for that driver is 0 to 20 kHz as stated on Table 11 in the datasheet. There is not a range specified for the duty cycle, but you can refer to Table 11 to see the minimum pulse duration that is accepted by the driver.

The LEDs on the board are motor indicator LEDs that show what the outputs are doing even when no motor is connected.

By the way, it sounds like your project could potentially be dangerous. We do not recommend using our products for applications where failure can cause personal injury.

- Jeremy