DRV8835 - Sample program

Hi,

I’m quite new to electronics and programming. I’m trying to create a web controlled robot and I have the following components:

• 2 micro metal 100:1 HP
  • zumo chassis
  • DRV8835 kit for raspberry pi
  • S7V7F5 regulator

I’ve read the entire product page as well as the example in github but i dont know where to start. Can you guys give my some direction and sample code would be great to start with.

I’ve see some on the internet uses webiopi & wiring pi to control the robot but uses different driver. i hope somebody can help me. thanks in advance.

Hello.

Since you are new to robotics and are trying to build a complex robot, I strongly recommend focusing on getting one part of your robot working before tackling another feature (e.g. controlling your robot via web).

Firstly, have you already built your robot? If not, you probably should build your robot first before trying to control it remotely. You can follow the “Introducing the DRV8835 Dual Motor Driver Kit for Raspberry Pi” video to help you get started with connecting your Raspberry Pi, voltage regulator, and motors together. The video can be found near the top of the DRV8835 Dual Motor Driver Kit for Raspberry Pi product page.

Secondly, we do not have any example code for controlling a robot via the web using the DRV8835 motor driver kit for Raspberry Pi, and I do not have any good recommendations. You probably would need to write your own code to get the behavior you want. It might be helpful for you to look at the example Python code in the drv8835-motor-driver-rpi library on our GitHub page to get an idea of how to use the library.

If you try writing some code and are still having problems, you can post your entire code here, and I would be happy to take a look.

- Amanda

I just bought DRV8835 for Raspberry PI 2 and trying to find Java script Library for tis motor driver so I can use it with my Application,
So if someone created JavaScript Library for this motor controller than please let me know?

Hello.

We do not have a library for the DRV8835 Dual Motor Driver Kit for Raspberry Pi written in JavaScript. However, if you are ambitious enough to write the code yourself for your application, it might be helpful for you to look at our Python library, which I link in my previous post.

By the way, there is no policy on our forum against offering to pay someone to help you write a JavaScript library for your application.

- Amanda