Arduino Mega 2560 R3 +Ramps 1.4 + 5 DRV8835 Drivers

I’m looking to build a new CNC Router using the Arduino Controller instead of the much more expensive Mach3 Software and the associated Drivers and Breakout Boards.
I intend on using stepper motors that I already have acquired that are in the 240 oz. in. range and a 36V 11A Power Supply.
Everything that I have seen so far has been based upon the Arduino Uno R3 and CNC Shields using the DRV8825 Drivers, but that would mean that I would have to sell the Steppers that I already have along with the Powers Supply and drop down to 190 Oz. In. Motors and a 24V 17A Power Supply.
I was thinking of using the above mentioned setup in the title instead to give me more latitude.

Am I headed in the right direction by mating an Arduino Mega 2560 R3 to a Ramps 1.4 plus 5 DRV8825 Stepper Drivers for a CNC Project that I’m presently researching before buying all of my electronics hardware?
I intend on using 4 260 Oz. In. Steppers for my X,Y,Z and A axis along with a 36V 11A Power Supply.
I’m a total Newbie to the Arduino System though not to motion control systems in other formats.

Hello.

I cannot determine if the DRV8825 stepper motor drivers would be appropriate for your setup without knowing the current rating of the stepper motors you are talking about. You want the stepper motor’s rated current to be at or below the continuous current per phase rating of the stepper motor drivers. The current ratings for our stepper motor drivers carriers can be found under the “Specs” tab on the product page.

By the way, I think you made a typo in the title for your first post; it says “5 DRV885 Drivers”, but I think you meant “5 DRV8825 Drivers”.

- Grant