Problem with VNH5019 Dual Motor Driver Shield

Hello!
I need your help.
My shield VNH5019 doesn’t work together with motors Type1(look at the photo 1). They are new, not
been used.

During my work I use Arduino Uno and a standard library, and all the time I receive
the messages of ‘M1 fault’. This happens to all the 4 motors Type1.
The motors are from this platform:
dfrobot.com/index.php?route= … i-VmUPgxbM

At the same time the shield works properly together with motors Type2 (look at the photo 2).

Also I have another shield Pololu DRV8835 Dual Motor Driver Shield which works properly together with
motors Type1.

I’ve been beating my brains out trying to solve the problem of mutual
work of shield VNH5019 and motors Type1.
As in the case mentioned on the forum, I’ve decided that the
matter is in some shield’s damage, and I’ve bought the second shield,
the equal one.
And with the second shield happened all the same: it works together
with motors Type2 and it doesn’t work together with motors Type1.

Please, help me to understand what is happening, and what I should do
to adjust the work of shield with the motors Type1.

Hello.

Thanks for the information and pictures. Could you also post closeup pictures of the VNH5019 motor shield? Maybe its the lighting in the picture, but you Arduino board looks green. Is it an official Arduino Uno? You said you are using the standard library, is that our Arduino library for the dual VNH5019 motor driver shield?

Sounds like you tested with a only a motor attached to channel 2 and did not get any errors. Is that correct? If not, could you try that?

- Grant

In addition to things in the previous post, could you also tell me about your power supply?

- Grant

Hi, Grant!

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

I hope you will excuse me for the delay with my answer and for the incorrect indications in my first post, which could misled you. I corrected my first post to make it more clear.

[quote]Could you also post closeup pictures of the VNH5019 motor shield? Maybe its the lighting in the picture, but you Arduino board looks green. Is it an official Arduino Uno?[/quote]
This is another pic of the shields. Arduino board is blue indeed - perhaps there are some troubles with the white balance while making a picture with a smartphone. The shield is absolutely legal, bought from the Arduino official representative.

[quote]You said you are using the standard library, is that our Arduino library for the dual VNH5019 motor driver shield?[/quote]
Yes, it is, I used this library exactly.

No, may be it sounds like this because of the incorrect indications made earlier. Please, read again my first post, now the problem is formulated more precisely.
About the power supply - I tried to power the motors from the power supply unit 7,5V, and from the accumulator unit also 5x1,2V. The same result. The Arduino shield has been powered through the USB cable.
The motors of the type1 under the control of VNH5019 shield begin to whirl for the first instances, and then appears the error “M1 fault”.
I could consider like a cause the defect of all the four motors of the type1, but the same motors work properly under the control of Pololu DRV8835 Dual Motor Driver Shield. It seems like some incompatibility of the type1 motors and Pololu VNH5019 Dual Motor Driver Shield. Could it be possible? Or what could it be?

It seems unlikely that the driver is damaged if it can drive one set of motors, so it seems that something about the type 1 motors is probably causing the fault. Could you provide the specifications of the two different types of motors?

- Grant