DRV8833 on Raspberry Pi 2b

Hi,

I just wondering if I can use the DRV8833 on raspberry pi 2B, I understand that DRV8833 requires 4 PWM ports but i see a post here bot-thoughts.com/2013/04/ras … rover.html thats he uses a software called webiopi in order to use it on RPi but he uses the DRV8835 instead of DRV8833. Please advise if this is dowable

Hello.

It is possible for the DRV8833 Dual Motor Driver Carrier to work with the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B using software PWM. However, you might consider the DRV8835 Dual Motor Driver Kit for Raspberry Pi, which allows you to use the hardware PWM outputs and is more convenient to connect.

- Amanda

Thanks for the reply… I actually have the drv8835 but used on another project. So i would like to explore more in order to use my spare Drv8833. By the way based on the simple diagram in product page drv8833, i dont see the supply voltage for the board unlike on drv8835. So i assuming that it get the power on the motor vin?

Yes, you are correct. The DRV8833 carrier does not have separate logic power and motor power connections.

- Amanda