A-Star Micro - trouble programming over USB

I have a pololu A-Star micro ac01a.

I have previously programmed successfully over the USB cable from Arduino 1.0.4 IDE. When I plugged in, Win7 32bit would recognize the USB COM port (high number, 21 or 25) and then I could program.

Recently, if I try to program over USB, the process will die. I select the A-Star micro’s USB COM port, click “Upload” and I get a rapid (5Hz-10Hz) green LED blink. The Arduino IDE kicks an error message stating “Couldn’t find a Leonardo on the selected port. Check that you have the correct port selected. If it is correct, try pressing the board’s reset button after initiating the upload.”

From that point on, the A-star micro is inaccessible. However, if I reprogram over an ICSP connection using a pololu PGM03a, it comes back to life, and I can use the native FTDI serial USB interface on the A-Star again.

Any thoughts?

Re-burned the bootloader with the ICSP - seems to have solved the problem. Not sure if/how/what caused the corruption, but that seemed to fix it.

Hello.

I am glad you were able to fix the problem; thank you for letting us know. We have not seen those exact symptoms before, but we have seen people end up in situations where their A-Star enters an unresponsive state. There is a “Reviving an unresponsive A-Star” section in the A-Star user’s guide that explains possible causes and lists different methods you can use to revive your A-Star (if it does happen again), which you might find helpful.

- Amanda