A-Star drivers install on Windows XP

I am trying to install the A-Star drivers on Windows XP, however when I right-click on the file nothing happens!
The same file is working on Windows 7 so it is not a broken download.

Any idea?

Hello.

Have you unzipped the A-Star Software and Drivers you downloaded? Are you logged in as an administrator on the Windows XP computer? Also, the A-Star drivers support Windows XP SP3 or later operating systems; what service pack of Windows XP do you have?

-Derrill

Have you unzipped the A-Star Software and Drivers you downloaded?
Yes
Are you logged in as an administrator on the Windows XP computer?
Yes
Also, the A-Star drivers support Windows XP SP3 or later operating systems; what service pack of Windows XP do you have?
I have SP3

I think it is more a security issue, even if I have administrator right the computer is tightly protected and I cannot change settings. However I am using Arduino or Teensy3 without any problem, so drivers installation usually works.

Hello.

Instructions for installing the A-Star drivers are located under the “Resources” tab of the respective A-Star product pages. Using the directions in the “Installing Windows drivers” section of the “Pololu A-Star 32U4 User’s Guide”, when you right click on the a-star.inf file, does the options menu with “Install” not appear, or does the “Install” option appear but not do anything when you click on it? Please note that when you click on the “Install” option, Windows does not report when the installation is complete, so it might appear that nothing is happening (especially if you have previously installed a Pololu product and checked “Always trust software from Pololu Corporation”) . Have you tried following the additional instructions for steps 5-9 of the “Installing Windows drivers” section? If so, what happened? If not, can you try those steps and report what happened? Also, can you post a screen capture of the Windows Device Manager showing the ports?

-Derrill

I am carefully following the instruction, and could install on a personal Windows 7 PC.
The install option appears, then I select it and nothing happens.

When I followed step 5-9 of the instructions, I receive the message “Cannot install this Hardware”, “The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.”

I tried also a similar PC and received the same result. I will consult with the IT/security department of my company, the driver maybe considered a threat.

Hello.

If you already installed the INF file, then it is normal for nothing to happen when you try to install it again. Please let us know what your IT department finds out. If you would like to keep troubleshooting here, can you post a screen capture of the Windows Device Manager showing the Ports?

-Derrill