Pololu library for atmel studio 7

I installed atmel studio today and imported my project created in 6.2 with the pololu library. This library is not available in atmel studio 7. Ho can I move the library with the examples as this is very convenient when starting a project.

Hello. We are working on updating the Windows installer for the Pololu AVR C/C++ Library to support Atmel Studio 7. In the meantime, you can probably install it manually by first running the existing Windows installer, and then copying some files into the “avr” folder of your Atmel Studio 7 AVR toolchain. The default location of the “avr” folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\toolchain\avr8\avr8-gnu-toolchain\avr

You would need to copy the libpololu_*.a files into the toolchain’s “lib” subdirectory, which can be found inside “avr”. You would need to copy the library’s “pololu” subdirectory into the toolchain’s “include” subdirectory. The library’s README.txt also has information about how to do this.

After you have done that, you can probably open an example .cproj project file that comes with the Pololu AVR Library and build it successfully with Atmel Studio 7. I have not tried this yet, so there might be some unexpected issues.

–David

For the mean time I will continue using Studio 6 and wait for your installer to arrive.

I have been reading about importing an Arduino sketch into atmel studio 7.

To my understanding the import makes a copy of all included libraries. What if I create a new project from Arduino and choose the A-Star demo program to be imported. In that case I have all the library additions for the A-Star available in my project. Then I continue using atmel studio 7.

Is this feasible or am I overlooking something?

Hello. If you are able to compile your code in Atmel Studio without errors, then it will most likely work. Please note that Atmel Studio’s Arduino sketch import feature does not directly support the A-Star 32U4. You would probably have to pick “Arduino Leonardo” as the board when you are creating your project, and then after you load your code onto the A-Star 32U4 it would appear to the computer as an Arduino Leonardo. That should not be a problem though.

–David

Create C++ project from Arduino sketch requires:

• Sketch file location (C:\Users\Erik46\Documents|Arduino\PrimeDemoForStudio7\PrimeDemoForStudio7)
  • Arduino IDE Path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino)
  • Board (Leonardo)
  • Device (atmega32u4)

After import I have built the solution with the following result. It seems that this is a workable solution:

Done building project “ArduinoImportAstarDemo.cppproj”.
Build succeeded.
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

In Explorer you can see all the included files. I ordered my A-Star Prime with LCD and started making some code.